Astro Gaming A40 Headset + Mixamp Pro 2013 Edition
The 2013 Edition of the A40 Headset + MixAmp Pro is here. Astro Gaming has already released the latest addition in their audio product line. Take a look at what’s going on:
What’s new in the A40 2013 Edition:
– New QD Cabling System – Updated version of our Quick Disconnect system, offering the same flexibility of using multiple cable types and lengths, but now plugging directly into the headset via 3.5mm 4-pole jack instead of the former custom solution. More durable and reliable and easier to source replacement cables.
– Best Sounding ASTROs Ever – We’re constantly trying to make our gear sound even better. 2013 Edition A40s have re-tuned drivers and ear cushions that make these the most detailed and accurate ASTRO headsets ever with improved low-end response and less distortion at high volumes.
What’s new in the MixAmp Pro 2013 Edition:
– Stream Output – Perfect for livestreaming or game capture, the Stream port is a 3.5mm jack that combines the Dolby mixed Game Audio with both incoming and outgoing Voice Chat into a single output to go into a PC mic input or video capture devices.
– Custom Audio Profiles – Like the ASTRO A50, the MixAmp Pro now has a new control allowing users to switch between 4 pre-set Audio Profiles – Pro, Core, Media and Sports. Soon ASTRO users will be able to create and share their own custom audio profiles via astrogaming.com as well.
1. Pro – ASTRO’s pro gaming mode, created with our pro teams and players to provide the best sound profile for competitive gaming, accentuating details like footsteps and respawns in an immersive surround sound experience.
2. Core – Hear your games just as the developer’s intended with no extra processing or balancing.
3. Media – Best for watching movies or listening to music, accentuating vocals and bass.
4. Sports – Put yourself in the stadium, whether playing sports games or watching sporting event on TV.
– Smaller Form Factor – The MixAmp is smaller and more portable now for LAN and Pro Gaming events. We’ve removed the ability to use batteries too since this device is always used in close proximity to gaming devices that can provide USB power. We also removed some legacy audio formats like RCA and Coax digital that were used by a very small percentage of our customers.
– New Optical Port – A more reliable 3.5mm optical port is now being utilized, taking care of issues a small number of MixAmp users had experienced previously with our Toslink optical port.
– Core ASTRO Functionality Remains Intact – The new MixAmp still does everything you expect: Dolby 5.1 and 7.1 decoding, Dolby Headphone Surround encoding, Game:Voice Balancing, MP3 Input, Daisy-Chaining of unlimited units, and of course Multi-Platform Compatibility allowing the device to be used on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, Mac and anything else with an optical digital or 3.5mm analog output.