Today at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nev., Libratone introduced an ultra-stylish addition to its family of premium audio products that further redefines wireless speakers as it focuses on flexibility around the home: the ZIPP Nordic Black, a sleek, dusky new take on the company’s best-selling ZIPP portable Wi-Fi speaker. Continuing Libratone’s award-winning design heritage, the ZIPP Nordic Black is a modern Scandinavian interpretation of the traditional black speaker, with its lush dark base, top and touch interface, that features the ZIPP’s 360-degree sound; the ability to connect up to six speakers via Wi-Fi; and a removable CoolWeave mesh fabric cover that allows music lovers to customize the look of their speaker.
The ZIPP Nordic Black extends the design-heritage bloodlines of the ZIPP, Libratone’s best-selling premium audio product and the winner of numerous accolades, from the PC Magazine’s Editors’ Choice Award to the prestigious Red Dot Award for its innovative and high quality. With its combination of clean lines, soft curves, and a matte finish to its rich, dark surface, ZIPP Nordic Black keeps alive a design tradition as it also caters to the passion for flexibility perfectly suited to today’s elastic lifestyle. Like previous ZIPP models, the Nordic Black is impeccably styled with removable covers that come in four different colors – with three alternate shades also available – and with a distinctive silver-gray zipper with a red accent.
“The ZIPP from day one sported a striking, singular, Scandinavian design that stood out as an alternative to the clunky, boxed-shape wire-bound speakers” said Libratone CEO Jan McNair. “Further liberating listeners, the wireless ZIPP Nordic Black delivers the same kind of elegant flexibility that plays off of the all-too-common, all-too-staid traditional black speaker. It’s unique, rich dark design, with changeable mesh covers, gives music aficionados an unprecedented way to personalize their speaker.”
Ideally suited for a multi-room experience in the home, the ZIPP Nordic Black has such premium features as the SoundSpace Link, which lets you connect up to six speakers via Wi-Fi and position them anywhere in any room – or in multiple rooms – to optimize your listening space. The Nordic Black, with a handy leather strap and rechargeable battery, is portable enough to place wherever you want premium sound to fill the home.
“We set out to deliver another way for the music lover to enjoy their favorite music – especially those who have an eye on design and embrace the flexibility that comes with even more options,” said Libratone president Mike Culver. “Along with getting the same lush sound quality that users can stream via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, which they can play in different rooms or around a listening zone, we now give fans of our best-selling speaker yet another choice – this time with a sublimely deep, dark matte finish.”
Like all ZIPPs, the ZIPP Nordic Black features include:
- Wi-Fi + Bluetooth – Use Wi-Fi for longest range and highest music quality, or Bluetooth to stream from any device
- 360-Degree Sound – Unique acoustic technology sends sound waves in every direction, filling any room
- Multi-Room Music – Pair up to six speakers together in the same room, or in multiple rooms
- Spotify Connect – Play your Spotify music directly from ZIPP, so you’re free to use your phone while playing your favorite songs
- Stream Anything – YouTube, Netflix or any audio or video service – if you can stream it, ZIPP can play it
- Easy to Use – Touch controls and the Libratone App make it easy to set up and use
- Hush Feature – Silence the music by placing your hand over the touch interface
- Portability – Unplug it, go completely wireless and move around your home, with 10 hours of battery life
- Personalization – Change your cover in just seconds to match your mood or decor
The ZIPP Nordic Black comes with a money back “no questions asked” return policy because Libratone knows you want to hear the speakers in real life. Simply buy the speakers at www.libratone.com and try them out for 30 days. A pre-paid return label is included in the box, so if you’re unsatisfied, you can ship it back. Shipping is free both ways.
The ZIPP Nordic Black will be available in late February for $299.