Niels Bauer Games (www.nielsbauergames.com) has launched the fifth instalment in the turn-based science-fiction space trading game series for PC-Windows. Will you be a greedy trader, an ambitious fleet pilot or a ruthless pirate? Board enemy ships, manage factories, conquer star systems and forge your own galactic empire – ultimately, your actions will have an impact on a galactic scale.
The fifth instalment in the long-running Smugglers series features a completely revised turn-based combat system and a range of new ships to fly, as well as a host of exciting features:
• Explore the galaxy through a fast turn-based travel and combat system
• 4 factions; 6 professions with new, unique skill trees; 100+ different skills and a revised skill system
• 30+ spaceships and encounters ranging from fighters to battleships, cruise missiles and star bases
• Non-linear war and campaign system. You can influence the war!
• Manage a crew, board enemy ships, become an Admiral and command whole fleets
• Plunder planets and pirate outposts, conquer space systems and even rule your own empire!
• Supply and demand based trading with prices influenced by storyline and campaign
• Advanced text generation technology and new short stories for planet exploration make every game different
• Marry a beautiful wife and have children
• Optional compatibility mode to allow blind players to enjoy the game
• and much more …
The six most important new features compared to Smugglers 4:
• You can now start and rule your own empire!
• Manage your own factories or pirate outposts
• Raid and plunder planets or pirate outposts
• 80,000 words of new and dynamic short stories (the equivalent of a full length novel)
• Completely revised skill and combat system
• Play as an independent adventurer – or join the military
There’s a ship in the hangar and the stars are calling to you. Don’t keep them waiting.
Smugglers 5 is currently on sale as a beta version. All features are available, but you may still encounter a bug or problem.